STEP BY STEP
To navigate the National Quality Mark Scheme for Land Contamination Management (NQMS) website www.claire.co.uk/nqms , a simple set of step by step instructions have been prepared for the following tasks:
- How to Create an Account
- How to Make and Pay for a Declaration
- How to Edit a Declaration
- How to Submit a Declaration
- SQP Register
If you have not already registered with the CL:AIRE website, you must create a profile and account (see instructions below for details). This is free to do and is a requirement of the NQMS to allow payments of each declaration.
How to Create an Account
- Go to CL:AIRE’s website www.claire.co.uk, in the top right hand corner there is a Log in/Register button
- Press “Register” and a box titled “Create an account” will pop up (see below)
- Complete all the boxes, agree to the terms and conditions and press “Register”.
- Email CL:AIRE (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm your account has been created, then your SQP number will be issued to you.
IMPORTANT: CL:AIRE cannot assign you an SQP number until you have created an account on CL:AIRE’s website.
Account Already Created
If you already have an account with CL:AIRE (eg already a Definition of Waste: Code of Practice Qualified Person or you have bought from the CL:AIRE website previously) then the same User Name/Email address and password can be used.
- Go to the top right hand side of the CL:AIRE website www.claire.co.uk and press Log in. A box will pop up where you enter your account using either your User Name or Email Address and Create an account Password. If you have forgotten your password use the prompt. Once logged in your name should now be showing in the top right hand corner of the website in a green box.
- Click your name and “My Profile” will show
- Click “My Profile”
- Complete the “My Profile” details and press “Submit”. Please note this only needs to be carried out once. It will save time and will be used for auto filling the information into the NQMS declaration form..
How to Make and Pay for a Declaration
- Log In (see instructions above)
- Every SQP must log in to the CL:AIRE website to pay for a declaration.
- From the home page on the CL:AIRE website hover over Projects & Initiatives and Go to NQMS Declaration
- You will now be taken to the “NQMS Declaration” page. Enter Username/Emails Log in
- A draft “NQMS SQP Declaration of Document Adequacy” appears on the right of your screen, it can now be filled out. Prefill some/or all information about the report you are reviewing. Please note at this stage you do not need to complete all information on this form, only the information marked with a red asterisk * as it will be available for editing from the “Edit Declaration Page” ONLY once your order has been paid for.
- Please remember the SQP must be logged in to proceed to payment
- Press “Add to Cart” which will save your declaration number and will start the payment process
- If you have a Purchase Order (PO), please insert in the box provided in the cart (see below). It is not mandatory to proceed. If you do not have a PO, proceed to checkout. Insert PO number here
- Press Checkout
- Complete all Billing Information marked with *
- Press Continue
- Check Out.
IMPORTANT: To pay for your declaration, you first need to raise an invoice. Once your invoice is created, you can choose to pay either by BACS transfer (the details are on the invoice) or credit or debit card over the phone to our Accounts department. Please note that quick access to a declaration is only possible if a Purchase Order Number is provided at time of checkout or payment is made and confirmed by debit or credit card. The checkout process should be completed as one process. An error will occur if there is a delay during the payment process ie you leave your computer and do not fill in the forms. If you have problems during the payment process, please raise a “Help” request through the Help Desk on the main website.
- Place Order. On placing an order an email will be sent to confirm receipt.
- To review all orders/declarations that you have processed, hover over Book or Buy tab on the main CL:AIRE website and press “My orders”. Here a list of all your orders is provided.
- You have now successfully created and saved a declaration. To access the declaration and edit follow the instructions below..
How to Edit a Declaration
- To edit a Declaration go to “Projects & Initiatives>NQMS” then click on the “Edit Declarations” link from the secondary menu.
- Here on the “Edit Declarations” page you will see the list of all declarations that you have started and their current payment status. This list of declarations is unique to each SQP.
- Each declaration can be revisited and amended by pressing on each hyperlinked NQMS Declaration Reference. You can amend each declaration as many times as is required adding further information as it is obtained. Please note there are prompts for the type of information that is required to be inserted in the relevant boxes.
IMPORTANT: When making changes to a declaration, you MUST click the SAVE DECLARATION button at the bottom of the page in order to register your changes.
- A declaration number may be transferred to another project by changing the details on the form and saving the form. Only the most recent set of data will be saved, therefore you MUST ensure that the PDF declaration form submitted to the regulator corresponds with the data captured by the form..
IMPORTANT: It is contrary to the NQMS SQP code of conduct to use the same number for more than one declaration. The audit process is designed to review this and will report on any misuse to the SQP awarding body.
How to Submit a Declaration
IMPORTANT: The Declaration of Document Adequacy can only be finalised once it has been paid for. If the status of the declaration (on the Edit Declaration page) is either payment received or purchase order (PO) number received, a PDF icon will be visible on the top right of the declaration page (just above the edit button) and you can follow step 4 onwards below.
- Select the correct declaration from the “Edit Declaration page”, complete or amend any outstanding information.
- When the SQP is content with the wording of the declaration, click on the PDF icon.
- A PDF of the Final version of the “Declaration of Document Adequacy” will be made available to download. The Format of the PDF is very different to that the SQP completes the information on to make it easily identifiable (see below).
IMPORTANT: The PDF declaration will contain a watermark of the NQMS logo and have the unique reference number on the top of each page.
- The PDF is now ready for signature. This can be manual or electronic (if accepted), however electronic signatures are not handled by this process and may need third party software. When signed, the final PDF file is ready for use. If signing manually, the document will need to be rescanned before submitting to the regulator..
IMPORTANT: There is no requirement to send CL:AIRE as the administrator a signed copy of the PDF. CL:AIRE captures and retains all relevant information from the form for auditing purposes.
- A register of all SQPs is available from the NQMS web page www.claire.co.uk/nqms. Here, each current SQP is listed with their unique SQP registration number, their name, company and all the declarations that they have paid for.
- The register is searchable..
To apply to become an SQP visit www.silc.org.uk